Saturday, August 4, 2012

Update on the Gardner's

Wow! A Saturday morning where I'm all alone, with nothing to do....kids are gone, hubby still sleeping...only the noise of the keyboard as I type this to keep my company. So, what's a girl to do??? BLOG! Only remotely productive thing I could think of to do, really. Actually, if I'm honest with myself, there's a TON of legitimate productive stuff I could do around the house...just don't want to do them right now.

Anyway, it's been a while since my last blog, so let me update you on the happenings of the Gardner family...

Kristian starts his FRESHMAN year of high school this year. August 20th is the start date of the new school year. I took him to Freshman orientation and was immediately taken back to my high school years as I sat in the gym and listened to all the information they gave us...diploma options, diploma requirements, schedules, blah, blah, blah. I immediately wanted to get up and leave! The memories of my high school years (mostly the bad memories) flooding back to me and now I'm about to send my baby into that battlefield???!!! No way! I wanted to grab him and run...BUT, I know the world does not revolve around me or what my wishes are. Against my wishes, he is growing up. So the only thing I can do for him now, is pray for him, keep him accountable to his choices, his responsibilities, and to the morals and beliefs we carry in this house. Wish us luck! :-)



On to Courtney...she starts KINDERGARTEN this year! Talk about a shock to the system...my baby girl is starting school this year! Oh! And does anyone remember the previous blog I posted regarding whether or not I should homeschool her or send her to public school? Well, I "won" that round and per my hubby's permission I am homeschooling her this year! I'm so thankful he is allowing me to do this, as I truly feel this is what is best for her right now. Next year, we will discuss it again and we'll see if I can go 2 for 2 in that round. ;-) I'm a little nervous about schooling her but I know I can do it with the Lord's help. We'll see how it turns out but I'm confident she (and I for that matter) will do a great job!


Jason is continuing to work as hard as he ever has. His company has started a  mandatory 12 hour workshift for all employees, so that means management (that's him) will have to work at least 13-14 hours a day. Can you say OVERLOAD??? Don't know how he does it, except for the grace of God. Today is his first weekend off in a month so he's spending it sleeping...for right now. Who knows what today holds though. Pray for him, and for us, if you think about it. My sweet hubby really needs encouragement and to be lifted up to the Father as he works this crazy schedule.

As for me, I'm still enjoying being at home with my babies. It's been quite a summer though. The older the kids get, the more they fight/bicker and the LOUDER they get. Am I the only one that sees that? Anyone else dealing with that problem? Bickering over mundane things..."Mama, he's changing the channel!" "Mama, she's been on the computer longer than she's allowed!" Agh! But honestly, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Right now, I'm also dealing with a bone spur in my neck that's causing pain in my neck, shoulders, and arms. It started back in March but I was just recently diagnosed with the problem. I started physical therapy at the end of July and so far I've seen some progress that gives me hope. Physical therapy is only a temporary fix to a permanent problem but I'm learning some new excersises so hopefully that will help in the long run.

On to happier news...as of today, Jason and I have exactly 35 days until our cruise! I. Can't. Wait! I've been looking forward to this trip since we booked it in February. Look out Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten! The Gardner's are headed your way! (I don't think that cruise ship will know what hit it when we step onboard! ;-) )

Ok, I think I've caught everyone up now. On to my day...until next time! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment